Samantha Kappagoda and David K.A. Mordecai presented Harnessing Large Datasets to Navigate the Emerging Risk Landscape, during the session entitled Structural Shocks and Changing Dynamics Related to Emergent Risks, Evolving Health Trends, Demographic Shifts and Labor Markets at the Casualty Actuarial Society Spring 2011 Meeting. The meeting took place on May 15-18, 2011, in Palm Beach, FL.
The mission and purposes of the Casualty Actuarial Society are the following:
- Advance the body of knowledge of actuarial science applied to general insurance, including property, casualty and similar risk exposures
- Expand the application of actuarial science to enterprise risks and systemic risks
- Establish and maintain standards of qualification for membership
- Promote and maintain high standards of conduct and competence
- Increase the awareness of actuarial science
- Contribute to the well being of society as a whole